The studio lights shined brightly on a newly equipped and up-to-date kitchen. It was the first episode of a new TV food program, A Day With Chef Rene. The host was Car Bumgard who had hosted several other flops.
“Chef Rene we are so proud to have you with us today, our first episode of A Day With Chef Rene.” Carl said. “As you can see the kitchen is all set and we are ready for you to create.”
“It is my pleasure to be here before your television audience,” Chef Rene said with a slight French accent.
“Before you begin, perhaps I can inform the viewing audience of your background,” Carl said.
“It is you program,” Chef Rene said.
“Not really,“ Carl said out of the side of mouth and continued. “Chef Rene learned the art and craft of food preparation from his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather, all world renowned chefs. Chef Rene graduated from the French School of Culinary Arts in Paris, he has authored over twenty books on cuisine, he is the advisor for many international cooking institutes, he has prepared foods for nearly every head of state, he has his own line of cookware, and owns some of the best restaurants in Europe and the United States. Did I leave anything out?”
“I am also on the board of directors of several international restaurant chains,” Chef Rene said.
“Of course,” Carl said. “How could I forget.”
“I also produced this program,” Chef Rene said.
“Yes,” Carl said.
“And I own this network,” Chef Rene said.
“Yes,” Carl said and smiled uncomfortably.
“We start the show,” Chef Rene said.
“Yes, of course,” Carl said. “Ahem, ahem, The expression is often used, ‘the best thing since sliced bread.’ If anyone knows there is something better than slice bread it would be you, Chef Rene.”
“Yes,” Chef Rene said. “I would be the one. No one else knows cooking like Chef Rene.”
“So that is what our program is about today,” Carl said. “So, Chef Rene, I’m going to turn it over to you.”
“Yes,” Chef Rene said. “Now please hand me two slices of the already sliced bread.”
Carl handed it to him.
“Now lay them out flat like this,” Chef Rene said. “Take a smear of you favorite jelly, which is in my case grape, and smear two heaping tablespoons on one slice. Now put and equal amount of peanut butter on the other slice. Slap them to gather, thus. Pour 8 ounces of milk in a glass and go to town.”
“But, Chef Rene,” Carl said. “That is nothing more than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.”
“You are correct,” Chef Rene said. “And nobody has ever been able to come up with a better taste combination. Without the sliced bread we would have never had it.”
“That’s it for today, friends,” Carl said. “Be sure to return next week with Chef Rene and me when we will present…
“The best thing since canned beer,” Chef Rene said.
Other Daily Prompters
- Harry Potter, Famous Dads and Stoke Newington | AS I PLEASE
- Emotional baggage | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Motivation Needed | suzie81’s Blog
- Neanderthals | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- I want to be a dreamer when I grow up | From One Crazy Life To Another
- Barriers | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Scenes From A Barrier Island | Exploratorius | Photo Hack & Curious Wanderer
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course -as a Medical Student | Journeyman
- Some weeks I just wish I could hibernate | Kate Murray
- Why women put up barriers to sex! ADULT CONTENT -Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | The Wandering Poet
- DP Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Under the Monkey Tree
- Obstacles | Sue’s Trifles
- blossoming individual | peacefulblessedstar
- Getting Things Done « One Crazy Mom
- Adventures in baby cereal | Life Love Lily
- So much to do | Angel Frouk
- Getting Out of My Way | The Silver Leaf Journal
- A Day With Chef Rene | The Jittery Goat
- caught | yi-ching lin photography
- there are | y
- Obstacles to Peace and/or Prosperity/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Purpose | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course (to UK) | Memory Bank of the Nocturnal
- An obstacle for everyone | LauGraEva
- The “Motif” Obstacle Course! | Home’s Cool!
- Daily Prompt: Obstacles « My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…
- The Silent Treatment. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Awl and Scribe
- of nothingness « Anawnimiss
- Why Did I Tackle This Obstacle Course? | Sued51’s Blog
- Time and Time Again . . . But, There Never Seems to be Enough | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | sixty, single and surviving
- Inspirational quotes by Steve Jobs | Processing the life
- Life Can Be A Obstacle Course | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Self Motivation | A mom’s blog
- Smoke Screen | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Busy, Busy, Busy Bee… | An Upturned Soul
- Time and Tide | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Kauniiksi katsottu – Seen as Beautiful
- WP Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | 101 Challenges in 1001 Days
- Bottled Gumption | A.C. Melody
- You Can’t Tie Your Shoes | Sam Wight
- Daily Prompt: Obstacles / unlocking my doors… | Louie Behogan
- Overcoming barriers | Mishe en Place
- DP: Obstacle Course |Metaphor is a pushy jerk. | thejimmieG
- Obstacle racing | Unknown File
- Lost for Words | Raspberry’s Daydreams
- Barriers | The Land Slide Photography
- I did it! | Life is great
- Early roses | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Obstacles and barriers | Willow’s Corner
- How Can We Overcome Barriers to Creativity? | Pairings: Art + What Goes With It
- Musings of a First Time Buyer | L5GN
- Thanks Allah! | Dreams to Reality !
- Obstacle Course | The Nameless One
- YOU CAN’T GET THERE FROM HERE | Serendipity
- My weekly obstacle course | uddza
- Life is an Obstacle Course… | The Christian Gazette
- Living With Barrier – Passionately Bored
- It’s a thirsty man who writes for any reason. [Mama #2] | Rob’s Surf Report
- A Helping Hand | LenzExperiments
- Obstacles | Step Into My Head
- Barriers | dreaming of melville
- Daily Prompt: These Are the Breaks | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | To Breathe is to Write
- P E R S P E C T I V E | the bippity boppity beautiful blog
- Daily Prompt – Barriers | imexcited
- Daily Prompt: Barriers | Occasional Stuff
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course – Get Your Facts Straight! | Shoot the messenger
- Standing in the way of sushi (blogging) | Happy Sushi Belly
- Too legit to submit | writemybrainsout
- Harry Potter Made Me Do It | The Gilded Lotus
- The “MET” Obstacle Course in the Day to Day Workplace Rat Race « psychologistmimi
- A semana passada | Sonhos desencontrados
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with some Ink and a Hammer | A Civil War Death
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy | Into Thin Air
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Occasional Stuff
- My Ignorance of AIDS and LGBTQ History: A Review of Dallas Buyers Club