Tomorrow is the first day of a brand new year. Tomorrow you get to become anyone in the world that you wish. Who are you? You can choose to by anyone, alive today or someone gone long ago. If you decide to stay “you” share your rationale.
This is one of those Barbara Walters type of questions. The question that brings you to tears because she is so aware of how fragile, lonely, and misunderstood you are.
It is the Oprah type question that allows you express yourself as you have never been able (violins and children‘s chorus in background).
“If you were a tree in the forest what type of tree would you be?”
“Tell us about the first memory of your mother?”
“Who was the major influence in your life?”
“What’s your favorite ice cream?”
“If you could be anyone else for a day who would you be?”
Barbara and Oprah really understand me. Crap! Barbara and Oprah understand life better than anybody! (sarcasm)
The truth is that celebrities gleefully wait for those moments, those questions. They are like serial killers who leave clues and can’t wait to get caught so they can tell others how clever they are and what motivates them.
Serial killers live for fame and they don‘t care how they get it.
There is probably a strong connection between serial killers and those who thrive on fame. Now before you get your undies wedged, I’m not saying that Oprah, Barbara, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, Kanye West, and the like (those who do anything thing for attention and publicity) are serial killers, but they have something in common. They will go to extremes to have fame, power, and wealth.
They will use the death of someone close to them or pretend they were close to someone and exploit that person’s death to bring attention to themselves. A person’s death becomes a platform for them to show how caring they are.
Years ago a dear friend who was friends to the very wealthy and powerful made and interesting statement to me. I asked him what famous and powerful people do you know?
“They people I know are so rich and powerful that nobody knows they are rich and powerful,” my friend said. “You would not recognize their names. They are so powerful they keep their names out of the limelight. Anyone can make a fool of themselves in public and get on the front page, but people I know can make a fool of themselves and keep it off the front page. Now that’s‘ real power.”
I’m like everybody, I’d like to have better looks and a little more money, but I do okay with what I got and who I am. And if I had that I’d want more.
Here’s the ultimate Winfrey and Walters question: “If you were the handsomest, richest, most powerful, and most famous person in the world could I sit at your right hand?”
Blogger Who Want to be Somebody Else for a Day
- North Acton Tube Wisdom | As I please
- My blogging year – 2013 in review | Sue’s Trifles
- Tomorrow I will be ME! | I am Shira
- King Arthur | alienorajt
- Change Is Hard | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- The Old Me Is The New Me | The Ambitious Drifter
- Turn the Light on | A Teacher’s Blog from Land’s End
- I Just Want To Be Me: Daily Post | Just Visiting This Planet
- Three Wishes… | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New Me, Effective Tomorrow | Melissa Holden
- daily prompt: a brand new you,effective tomorrow | aimanss…
- Living reality. | Hope* the happy hugger
- A New Mentality for a New Year | Lewis Cave
- WordPress Is Having A Barbara Walters And Oprah Winfrey End Of Year Special | The Jittery Goat
- A Single Organism.
- DP Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | Sabethville
- Freedom I am after thee | dandelionsinwind
- Daily Prompt To Motivate You into 2014 | Misifusa’s Blog
- 242. Metamorphosis | Barely Right of Center
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- A Brand New You -Effective Tomorrow | The River Mom
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | Nicole Sloan’s Books
- EFFECTIVE TOMORROW | hastywords
- The Hybrid Evolution | johnny ojanpera
- The Power of Change | meanderedwanderings
- Who could ask for anything more? | Life is great
- A Brand New Me? | suzie81’s Blog
- DAILY PROMPT: BRAND NEW ME, STARTING TOMORROW! | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | Awl and Scribe
- Let’s do the MetaMorphing Warp again! | An Upturned Soul
- A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | The Story of a Guy
- Evolution | Pixie Polly
- Metamorphosis | Destino
- Be Who You Are | Retrofocus
- I want to be a better Me | Reinvention of Mama
- A New Me? | Flowers and Breezes
- Shedding the Past | Nicola Kirk
- A Brand New Me! | A Crazy Chef
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Metamorphosis
- Quoting Popeye | My Author-itis
- A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: New Year, New You | On Thick Ice – The Spurious Imaginings of Reality
- Captured just in time. | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow « Mama Bear Musings
- A Pup’s Resolutions… | Haiku By Ku
- Butterfly Journal | Through the Peacock’s Eyes
- 2013 Intentions – Metamorphosis Daily Prompt | Linda Long Writes!
- You Say You Want a Resolution? | Thoughts & Theories
- 2014 New Beginnings, A Brand New You | medicinalmeadows
- Pee Here Now and Tomorrow, Too/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Plain Ol’ Me | A mom’s blog
- Surfer Rob is one singular sensation | Rob’s Surf Report
- The Daily : A Brand New You | Patty Ryan Lee
- Looking Back | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- The Past, The Present, The Future | andthatgotmethinking
- Too Many Sweaters: New Years Resolution | The Library Lady and Rosie Bear
- A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow | The Nameless One
- Celebrate Recovery First NLR | lifewithgreeneyes
- Daily Prompt Challenge ~ Transformation | soletusknow
- I’m magic, I’m me. | 61 Musings
- oh 2013 and the importance of having a clean ass | FamousFeline
- I am not that girl anymore | not4faintheartsblog
- Metamorphosis | Everyday Jetsam
- Daily Prompt: A Brand New You, Effective Tomorrow (Hitler’s Publicist, Yoko Ono, A Native) | The Uncustomary Housewife