On Wednesdays I post a feature entitled “He Said She Said.” It’s an exercise in writing a story with as little dialogue as possible. This was to be used next Wednesday, but fit the Daily Prompt for today so well I decided to use it.
“Where do you get all the energy?” he said.
“It’s rage!” she said.
Rage is a terrible thing. It expresses the deepest emotions over things we usually have little to no control over.
Several years ago I recall approaching a friend who just found that his children were taken from him by his wife. He ripped his shirt off and flung it to the ground. I can’t really describe the hurt and pain on his face and the feeling he had of complete and utter helplessness. In death there is a resignation something can’t be done, but this situation was motivated with malice. I remember putting my arms around him and letting him sob on my shoulder.
That was the worst kind of rage I think there is; losing precious ones and not being able to do anything about it.
It is strange how a person can loose all he has in a material way and find a way to get through it with little emotion, but touch what is really precious and it is as if we can’t live without it.
The deeper lesson is that things are not important, people, friends, and family are.
In the long run rage is not good. A person who is frequently brought to rage is a person out of control and a harm to himself and others. At the same time it is an outward expression of an inner abhorrence to a situation.
Rage is seldom controlled. It flies off the handle and does stupid things. It is best done where no one else is around. “Be wrathful, but do not sin,” the Bible says at Ephesians 4:26. It is recognized that rage or wrath is a possible response to something, yet must come under control before it becomes something besides blowing-off some steam.
Bloggers With Rage
- Let it not snow! | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Post- Mad as a Hatter | hippiebitch420
- Rage | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter – The Lost Love
- The Angry Maths paper | ❤ ART BLOG
- Mad as a Hatter | Geek Ergo Sum
- Losing It, But Remembering Where It Is | The Jittery Goat
- I think possibly offended a little old dear on the opposite side of the road… | thoughtsofrkh
- Seeing red | not4faintheartsblog
- Anger is a Gift | Finale to an Entrance
- Rage in the morning | Purple Rosemary
- That was me once ! | Dreams to Reality !
- Ragetastic | Unlocking The Inner Creative
- Mad as a Hatter | The Story of a Guy
- Daily prompt:mad as a hatter | aimans…..
- Contentment | vicariously in love with you
- When A Bridge Ought Be Burned: A Story About Letting Go | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- self defense | peacefulblessedstar
- Time Wasters | crookedeyebrows
- Don’t be Rage! Angry birds are enough! | A Crazy Chef
- Daily Prompt: The Hornet | One Starving Activist
- Just Let It Go, Anger Danger | Kansa Muse
- A SERIOUS TALK WITH BONNIE | SERENDIPITY
- Rage | Flowers and Breezes
- Incandescent Eyes | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter – Short Story | I Hope You’re Taking Notes
- Mad As a Hatter
- R E D | the bippity boppity beautiful blog
- 19.12.13. (Rage is Sage!) | VelanedeBeaute’s.
- Photo-op | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- recompense (my utter rage) | fragments of life
- Angriest Guitar Player Ever | The Number FiftyTwo
- Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | Wordz on a Page
- Haiku of a Passive-Aggressive | Ashes of Roses
- Anger Thermometer | Emotional Fitness
- Laughs 🙂 | gypsy thoughts ..
- Don’t Mess With My Brother – Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | Reinvention of Mama
- Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | ginnysblogspace
- Small shoes, big emotions | A mom’s blog
- Learn how to use feeling thermometers | Parents Are People Too
- Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | Basically Beyond Basic
- I’ve been flipped so many times, now I’m finally done | Rob’s Surf Report
- The Great Sander Crisis of 1993! | Mary Angelini Photography
- Keeping My Cool | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- A Daily Prompt Challenge: Slot Machines Everywhere Makes Me Mad, Mad, Mad! | *Recovery Ramblins Blog Of ~ Author Catherine Lyon*
- Cross Schtick | Charron’s Chatter
- Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | A Mixed Bag
- Writing Damage | johnny ojanpera
- Fury | Active Army Wife
- Forgetting my iPod Passcode | Everyb0dyd0thefl0p.com
- And die of noth… | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Rage and Furry…Yes, I mean Furry! | Quiet Desperation
- The Tree Of Wrath | Scattered Thoughts
- Ya got to shove a little…Ho HO Ho !! | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- The One Argument I Will Never Regret | Expressions
- Twelve Days ‘Til Christmas | Taking One Day At A Time
- No Mr. Robertson, your kind of speech is never free. | W.T.F.
- Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | From Slacker To Scribe
- King of asshole-land | 2 times pink
- Residual Rage | Stories from aside
- Bad Judgment (Mad as a Hatter) | mammapainter
- Because of Soft Leather Shoes | belindabroughton
- A Favor | Withdrawals
- “Football” Daily Prompt: Mad as a Hatter | “The Ish,” presented by the Bohemian Rock Star
- RAGE… | The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel
- What Price Beauty! | 61 Musings
- Driving Me Ragey! | meanderedwanderings
- Mad as a Hatter | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real