What’s your learning style? Do you prefer learning in a group and in an interactive setting? Or one-on-one? Do you retain information best through lectures, or visuals, or simply by reading books?
Why do I get the feeling that no matter how I respond to today’s prompt in the time it takes me to say Rumpelstiltskin an email will land in my account saying, “Boy, do we have the thing for you. You can learn a foreign language by just thinking about it.”
Anyway, the prompt.
Regardless of any method, we are all visual learners. Information must be dispensed in such a way you can see it or you must view it in you mind.
Sure one can memorize a set of rules, yet having it illustrated by example or visually will make it stick.
For a moment, think about your most memorable and powerful learning moments. Was not the point driven home by an illustration? Didn’t the instructor draw a memorable picture for you?
Good teachers are the ones who draw mental images. It need not be extensive, the simpler the better. For example if we are trying to recall the Battle of Hastings we might visualize a calendar for the month of October, 1066 and a circle around the 14th. An instructor might draw a visual. Everyone will remember a badly drawn calendar.
You read it. The instructor recites it. The instructor illustrates it. And now builds the historical significance of the event. The date is like creating a file to place other data learned about the Battle of Hastings. You than begin to collect information under the file or picture of a calendar labeled October 14th 1066: William, Harold, English, Normans, and so on.
Now you’re ready to bore friends with useless information and make Brits think you care.
- Evolution (2) | Photos to inspire you
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Learning Style – Independent
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | The Daily Post | live free or die trying
- Learning style | Sue’s Trifles
- Learning | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | kimmiecode 🙂
- Learning for the PMP exam | A mom’s blog
- playing together | y
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style « Mama Bear Musings
- How To Learn – How To Teach | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: KISS – Keep It Simple, Stoopid | Steve Says….
- If You’re Not Learning, Then Exactly What Are You Doing? | meanderedwanderings
- Life is the Best Teacher! | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | pkuncewicz
- S. Thomas Summers | The Wisdom of Trolls
- Still Learning | Flowers and Breezes
- I’m a DOER! | Active Army Wife
- What’s the Biggest and Bestest (yes, I know it’s not a word, but it is) Influence in your Life? | An Upturned Soul
- Change Is Good | To Pursue Happiness
- The Lurker’s List | Learning to Cross the River
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Learning to Fail | 52 Miles per Month
- Colours, Practice, and Discussion! | Joanne Lynn
- Dyslexia and learning styles | RPMAS
- Daily Prompt Challenge – Learning | soletusknow
- We All Want To Go Back to Graduate School
- Guest Blogger: Sisfur Nalle! | Haiku By Ku
- Getting your hands dirty | Master Of Disaster
- It Speaks! | vic briggs
- Enthusiastic Learning | Travel with Intent
- Educare: to lead out | alienorajt
- Daily Post: Learning Style | Jottings and Writings
- Learning Style | Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | BulgingButtons
- DAILY PROMPT: LEARNING WITH BISCUITS | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | My Conscious Self
- Learning Style | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | Diary of Dennis
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | Potpourri Adventures
- History Repeats? | Chasing Rabbit Holes
- Daily Prompt: Learning A New Skill | Wise Counsel
- The Daily: Learning Style | Patty Ryan Lee
- The best way to Learn… | The life of T
- Living Dead Hands | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Daily Prompt: Learning style « MARGARET ROSE STRINGER
- Dance in the darkness | Muddy River Muse
- Love u 2 | Zakc Head
- Learning Style | Just for Fun Drawings
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | A Weary Mind
- Learn. | Whispered Words
- Learn and fail | Inside of love
- Daily Prompt: Learning Style | SIM | ANTICS