You have a secret superpower: the ability to appear and disappear at will. When and where will you use this new superpower? Tell us a story.
Ever since Delbert was 10 he wanted to be a magician. He bought books, performed all the obligatory tricks and came up with a few of his own, signature tricks that set him aside from the rest.
As an adult he was moved to the top of his trade; playing before larger and larger audiences. He even made a few television appearances.
He was holding back, though. He had one trick performed only in private, a disappearing act. He became invisible with no smoke, mirrors, absolutely no props whatsoever.
It was a trick given to him many years earlier by a dying magician who was on his death bed.
Delbert performed it alone in front of a mirror many times.
The moment arrived for him to unveil his perfected disappearing trick. It was a White House performance. The most powerful and prominent people in the nation were in attendance.
He wowed them with his favorites and at the end he stood alone and smiled politely at the audience. He concentrated profusely and passed his wand over his body.
Only his cloths disappeared.
He stood alone and naked in front of the most powerful and prominent people in the nation. Everyone was shocked. If there was ever a time he wanted to disappear it was now. He turned to find a prop to cover himself with. Everyone began laughing. Delbert turned back to the crowd and laughed with them.
As the laughter subsided he said to everyone. “This is the first time I performed the tick in public, can you tell me what is so funny?”
The President stood. “When you turned your back to the audience we thought that was just a very strange place to be pulling a rabbit from.”
Delbert grinned. “With your hat missing ya gotta pull it from somewhere.”
- Black & White Abstractions (2). Ten photos | Photos to inspire you
- Superpower | Sue’s Trifles
- Read at Peace | paperdollsletter
- Invisible | Bullet holes in the wall
- Pulling A Rabbit Out Of Your… | The Jittery Goat
- Invisible | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Unicorn Tales: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Superpower of Compassion | crookedeyebrows
- Now You See Me | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me « The Neophyte Photographer
- EVANESCENCE | Kansa Muse
- A New Day | Mine to Do Over
- Now You See Me | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Awl and Scribe
- Evanescence | Blue Loft
- Now You See Me | I Write Therefore I Am
- ~Evanescence ~ | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompt | Partial invisibility | radioactivebubblegum
- DAILY PROMPT: NOW YOU SEE ME? BET YOU DON’T! | SERENDIPITY
- The Greatest Superpower in the World! | An Upturned Soul
- Now You See Me | Finale to an Entrance
- Scary | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: I Have A Confession… | The Story of a Guy
- Daily Prompt: Appearing Act | One Starving Activist
- Double Rainbows… | Haiku By Ku
- The morning his mother died | tjbarkerseattle
- Daily Prompt: Now you see me | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Now You See Me | The Nameless One
- Atonement | vic briggs
- E V A N E S C E N C E photograph | the bippity boppity beautiful blog
- Can Lesbians Disappear At Will?
- POOF I’M INVISIBLE | Emotional Fitness
- Daily Prompt: Evanescence..Goodbye New York. | heysugarsugar
- Hopping Madness | Rob’s Surf Report
- Mockery Of Them | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Poof, I’m Gone | Momma Roars
- Now you see me | Going New Places!
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Elämän katupeili
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Finding Life
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Bite of Life
- Now you see me, now you don’t | baja querida
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me » My Life, My Way, My Words
- Cool Weather « Clara’s Coffee Break
- Super Powers Are Super Cool | Mountains or Molehills
- Fade away | breezes at dawn
- December 3 Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- The Paradox of the Time Lords | My Conscious Self