Do you have a tattoo? If so, what’s the story behind your ink? If you don’t have a tattoo, what might you consider getting emblazoned on you skin?
This post will offend many, of that I’m certain. Tattoos are stupid. I have not seen one that made me feel as if the person who has it is better for it.
They are an indication something is lacking in their own self-image that they must cover it with something. It could be the same with outlandish hair styling, clothing, or immodest behavior.
Years ago only drunken sailors or soldiers obtained them. They were evidence of a once debauched life. After leaving debauchery the person sought ways to hide them.
Why are they called ‘tramp stamps?’ They seem now to be mainstream. Many try to legitimize them by saying, look at all the stars that have them like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.’ I always say, “Thank you, you made my point.”
Yeah, I know they have now been upgraded from tattooing to body art and have elevated sleazy tattooers to body artist. I’ve never seen a good tattoo. Anything put on the skin looks better on paper or canvas. The things I see as tattoos are most often seen on moving boxcars, bus stop benches, or the side of warehouses. And people want that low-life excuse for art someplace on their body?
Certainly if you have a tattoo it doesn’t mean I view you as a deranged reprobate, you just had a lapse in judgment and now spending needless time trying to cover it up or justifying it.
They are to the body what vulgar language is to speech.
I always thought a good tattoo would be to label and section yourself like a side of beef. Another one would be a dotted line around the throat that read, “Cut along dotted line.”
If you are thinking about getting a tattoo here is some advice; 1. Sober up. 2. Find new friends. 3. Shop in a better part of town. 4. Appreciate how much better you look without one.
I may have written this before, but it needs repeating.
A friend who owned a business who employed about 50 people stood in line at a 7/11. Behind him was a mountain of man covered with tattoos.
“Hey, don’t I know you?” the man said to my friend.
“You don’t look familiar?” my friend said.
“You interviewed me for a job at your place,” the man said.
“I interview a lot of people,” my friend said. “You may have been one of them.”
“Why didn’t you hire me?” the man said.
“I don’t recall at the moment,” my friend said. “But I probably had a good reason.”
“Was it because of my tattoos?” the man said.
“That could be,” my friend said.
“Why?” the man said.
“In my line of work my employees go into homes of little old ladies who live alone,” my friend said. “And frankly your tattoos are scary.”
“They don’t tell the person I am on the inside,” the man said.
My friend smiled kindly. “Oh yes, they do.”
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Try it | Photos to inspire you
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? | Under the Monkey Tree
- Tattoos | Kate Murray
- Port Cullis | alienorajt
- What I Think Of Tattoos | The Jittery Goat
- Family & Faith | Active Army Wife
- My Ink, My Story | Finale to an Entrance
- Tattoo… You? | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | A Mixed Bag
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Awl and Scribe
- My First Tattoo | Steve Boer Photography
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Olivia May Photography
- Should you Tattoo? | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Permenant | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…..You? | Steve Says….
- Tattoos, A big No-No | A mom’s blog
- The Accidental Tattoo | A Buick in the Land of Lexus
- INK can’t Hide me ! | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | timzauto…. in search of the blond haired kid
- Daily Prompt:Tatto…..You? | Motherhood and Beyond
- Tattoo — You? | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….. You? | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Proudly Inked | One Starving Activist
- A tattoo! Or two…or three… | wordsandotherthings
- Tattoo. | Bullet holes in the wall
- Tattoo… Me! | Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Body and Soul: of mundane miracles and secular sacraments | Muddy River Muse
- Tattoos….You? That is the question. | Kansa Muse
- Tatted Up! | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Everyday Adventures
- Who Needs a Tattoo? I’ve Got A Blog!
- Sunday Confessions | Cheri Speak
- Kissing the sky. | Inside of love
- To Be Continued… | Charron’s Chatter
- The tattoo that I have, and the ones I want | And I write
- Tattoos | Mountains or Molehills
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo’s the Diverse Art | Bowl of Rice
- Ink’d | A Room of One’s Own
- A Mark For Life | annezheng
- On Tattoos | Not the Family Business!
- Tattoo? – One Day | My Play Nook
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Basically Beyond Basic
- How and Why I Decided To Get Inked | noinpart
- Skin Deep | All work and quite a lot of play
- Tattoo….You? | The Nameless One
- Permanent ink. | Simple Heart Girl
- DAILY PROMPT: TATTOO — ME! PHOENIX RISING! | SERENDIPITY
- Tattooed Memories… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Love Never Lasting | Morrighan’s Muse
- The Lover’s Kiss | unaware but underlined
- Impermanence | vic briggs
- The Boob Report – Tits for Tats | Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? | Poetry
- Tattoo….You? | Trina’s North Germany
- Get your tattoo here | tjbarkerseattle
- My Forest | unaware but underlined
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Red Herrings
- Tattoo | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- To Tattoo or Not to Tattoo?…..(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Sword – The Tatoo | Thoughts
- My Tattoo Changed My Life | Notes by Natalie
- Permanent PROOF | unaware but underlined
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo……You? | Sorrowful Decay
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…. You? | SIM | ANTICS
- Tattoos. Body Art or Body Damage? | Mr. Johnson’s Blog
- Tattoo or not tattoo? | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Mince and tatties | Land of Dope and Tories
- 1.12 Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Tattoo…You? | My Conscious Self
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo You? | BulgingButtons
- Tons Of Little Tattoos, BIG Meanings | unaware but underlined
- Time for a – Tattoo? Who? Me? | Words ‘n Pics
- You Have a Tattoo? « disappearinginplainsight
- Daily Prompt – Tattoo…You? | The Wittering Wallflower
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo You | An almanac for concerned citizens and boysenberry jam fans
- Permanent | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You | Off The Beaten Path (Being Silly in the City)
- If I Chose Tattoes | mycookinglifebypatty
- Gilded Warrior
- Daily Post: Tattoo | Mac’s Blog
- Tattoo! | MissEmilyMarie23
- Never | Life is great
- Prompt: Tattoo | E aos 30…
- Why the random posts | Jarime’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | jane sleeps here
- Daily Prompt : Tattoo …. Me? | LoudThoughtsVoicedOut
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? It’s in the Stars. | Mommy Problems
- An Unfading Commitment | .:Lani’s Summer in Rain
- Inked Up: Passion, not Profession | Blagoevgrad Narrates
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | White Girl In A Dupatta
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You?, Or: Blank Skin, Too Many Choices! | polymathically
- The Permanent To-Do-List | Holoholo Girls
- Daily Prompt: Taurus Tattoo
- “The Daily Prompt | Tattoo…You”, Or Rosie has a change of opinion on the subject of ink | Rosie Writes…
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | GG’s World
- Inked. | FadingSunlight
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | The Blogging Path