If you could create a painless, inexpensive cure for a single ailment, what would you cure and why?
Every disease eventually leads to death, but if one possessed to ultimate pill to allow people to live forever and escape death they would have to live with painful and debilitating maladies for eternity.
The ultimate pill would not be one that would heal a person physically, but one which would create the most favorable conditions for maximum emotional health. Such a pill would alter a person’s personality.
Likely a pill that would make people, joyful, patient, humble and meek rather than aggressive, hateful, prideful, and greedy. Yet, everyone would have to take it. Just one person not taking the pill would throw everything off kilter.
The Daily Prompt took us in the direction of a pill by mentioning “placebo,” which suggests, but does not entirely means a pill.
The only cure is for all mankind to live their lives in harmony with Bible principles and use it as their authority. Certainly not the authority the Church subjugated Europe for centuries nor anything that would create Crusades that ended in the slaughter of millions. Vile men with evil schemes used religion and in particular Christianity to do evil things. Nor do I mean the form of religion that produces hypocrisy in our time.
Very simply when one reads in the Bible to be honest, not steal, have immoral relations, not to murder, and things like these, rather than looking for loopholes to circumvent or deviate from those things look for ways and opportunities to apply them.
Not everyone is willing to take that pill.
This is kind of your Sunday morning sermon. What would a sermon be without an applicable Bible citation. This is the first Psalm:
1 Happy is the man who does not walk according to the advice of the wicked And does not stand on the path of sinners. And does not sit in the seat of scoffers.
2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah, And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.
3 He will be like a tree planted by streams of water, A tree that produces fruit in its season, The foliage of which does not wither. And everything he does will succeed.
4 The wicked are not like that; They are like the chaff that the wind blows away.
5 That is why the wicked will not remain standing in the judgment; Nor will sinners remain standing in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish.
Other Placebo Effective Bloggers:
- Retention | James Clegg
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect
- Is sex love? Love, sex? And what IS love? | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect « Mama Bear Musings
- “Say what?!” I exclaimed to myself using my inside head voice. | thoughtsofrkh
- Health | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Awl and Scribe
- The Easiest Cure | Fruit Salad
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Under the Monkey Tree
- “Placebo” | Relax
- A Simple Cure for the Daily Prompt | Misifusa’s Blog
- Not The Pill; It’s The Water To Wash It Down | The Jittery Goat
- What Gods and faerys do! | Historiefortelling
- Experimental Treatment | Colline’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Wordz on a Page
- The right to die | Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Carpe Diem | JC Bride ~
- “Age”, like in “happy” | Neva Samaki
- A Cure For Cancer | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt : Health | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Keep Walking | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Let’s Talk About Peace | Eyes to Heart
- Dabbling in sanity | mostlytrueramblings
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Kansa Muse
- Cure Me | Momma Roars
- The Road Less Travelled | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- NaBloPaMo – Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Life In The Passenger Seat
- A Cure for Anxious Depression | a day with depression
- Roots of Rock Drumming and Muswell Hillbillies | drumstutor
- Food and water | Life is great
- Magic Trees | Winging it
- A Cure | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Ramblings of a jerk
- How to heal a broken heart | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Green… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | My Atheist Blog
- Placebo | The Visionary Hollow
- The waves in my head are not that great for surfing | Rob’s Surf Report
- A Cure for Mental Illness | My Play Nook
- What if a pill could cure the kill? | Okay, what if ?
- Stupidity – Epidemic of the Ages | Stories From My Mind
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect! | A chain of thoughts…
- An apple a day? Maybe I can do better. . . | Rob’s Surf Report
- Doubt. — Suspending Disbelief is the Cure. | mommyverbs
- EGO needed to be cured | Emotion at Peek
- When Toy Rifles Equal Real Bullets | Cheri Speak
- Decisions, decisions… | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- When Toy Guns Equal Real Bullets | Cheri Speak
- The Placebo Effect: Autism | Thoughts of an Iced Tea-ed Mind
- A healthy dose of disagreement | Muddy River Muse
- The Cure | Faith, Life and Compassion
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Placebo Effect: Daily Post. | thisblogisepic
- Easy cure… Not so simple | At least we made it this far…