Once again as a fan I see this game much differently than a coach or an odds maker.
Boise State is definitely on the up-swing. The have improved in every category, especially on the defense. They are not the caliber of last year’s defense, but they aren’t that far behind.
Nevada does not have the offense to mount any sort of a serious attack on the Boise defense. They will score 17 points at best, but most likely be held to 10.
Look for the Nevada offense to key on Shane Williams-Rhodes and look for Matt Miller of Kirby Moore (if he plays) to have big games.
Boise’s run game, as it stands, needs some fire. Not Jay Ajayi, but the o-line.
With the new offense that Boise has administered a heavy burden falls on the line. They are playing at the speed of light so to speak. Once it clicks with them, look out!
Now entering the second half of the season a lot of improvement should bee seen in the o-line. To date they have not dominated. It wouldn’t bother me if they saved the domination for BYU, but it is at a point in the season when it is now or never.
I can’t help but think Joe Southwick has a 400 yard game in his arm and Ajayi has a 200 yard game in his legs. If not for some dropped passes we may have seen Southwick pass for 400 last week. Ajayi is due for the game that will put him at the top of the heap in the Mountain West.
It looks like a 50 point performance from the Broncos. Much depends on the play calls in the second half. Coach Pete doesn’t run up scores.
I’m going to call the game 52-10 Boise.
Here’s my previous predictions:
1. Boise over UW 35-17 (Actual, 6-38 UW, hope springs eternal.)
2. Boise over UT Martin 49-0 (Actual 63-14, got the spread.)
3. Boise over Air Force 45-17 (Actual, 42-20, missed by a field goal on both ends.)
4. Boise over Fresno 45-30 (Actual 41-40 Fresno win, Frankly if the game were held any place, but Fresno…)
5. Boise over Southern Miss 49-10 (Actual 60-7, Petersen purposely left the first team in too long to foil me and Demarcus Lawrence was off-sides on one of his blocked field goals [not really, I’m just a sore loser})
6. Boise over Utah State 35-7 (Actual, 34-23, My original prediction was 52-7. I think if BSU would have played the second half without their foot on the brake that would have been more likely. Let’s be honest the game was not really that close.)