Write a letter to the personality trait you like least, convincing it to shape up or ship out. Be as threatening, theatrical, or thoroughly charming as is necessary to get the job done.
Dear Evan A. Klue
Recently it has become apparent we must talk face to face. We must come to grips with a recurring and persistent problem.
I have openings on Tuesday at 3:00 PM, Wednesday 9:15 AM, or Friday at 11:45 AM. I’ll leave the time up to you.
The subject matter is your ability or should I say your lack of ability to stick with a project and decisions you make. It is creating frustration among the team and I’ve come across several complaints not only from them but also our customers.
Last quarter we set a goal of 10% over the same previous quarter from last year or it may have been our best quarter we wanted to top. Either way, a week later I sent out a memo that reevaluated that figure to 7.7 % because I failed to factor-in our down-sizing. After considering the new project we were handed by corporate I found it necessary to again adjust downward our projection to 5.5%. You came in at the end of the quarter with a 6.1% increase, far below my last 12% memo. The increase was due to a carry-over from the previous quarter.
As you can easily see your performance drug our team effort down.
This may sound petty, but I think this characterizes the frustration I am experiencing with you. The first of the year corporate allocated funds for me to take my team out for lunch. I told the team they could order anything they wanted. If you recall you ordered fresh scallops. They were out of season. You than ordered the lobster tail and filet mignon. That took us over budget. I suggested the fajitas, but reminded you that may cause gas. I offered the onion burger platter, but also informed you about the big meeting in the afternoon with our best client; it would not be appropriate to have onion on your breath. At the last-minute you settled on pea soup. Your inability to stick to something is causing an uproar even in social settings.
I hope we can come to an understanding. This is not the way we do things at Decision Consultants Inc.
Very truly yours,
N. D. “Cy” Sevness
PS. Just got a note about the Friday appointment. That’s off the board; I got racquetball with Steve in accounting or golf with Curt in research. On second thought, let’s shoot for the week of the 22nd instead.
PSS. Why not handle it this way; just work on it.
Other bloggers with issues:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Everyone Shape Up or Ship Out | Geek Ergo Sum
- Dear Insecurity | Taking time, making time
- To the Unknown Cheerleader | Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Ugly | Postcards from
- Everything is going to be okay… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out – show us UGLY. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Shape up or ship out sugar cravings | Now Have At It!
- Dear Mr. Fearful [Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out] | unknowinglee
- Who’s In Charge Here??? | Spirit Lights The Way
- A Letter To An Indecisive Employee | The Jittery Goat
- These Words for YOU | floatingsheep
- The Toothpaste Again | Lewis Cave
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Mr. Anger | Creative Mysteries
- Yeah, I’m talkin’ to you | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Daily Prompt; Shape Up or Ship Out | terry1954
- Daily Prompt: Ugly | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Shape Up or Ship Out | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: There’s the door, now leave! | Thriving Pessimist…
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Musings&Rants
- Daily Prompt: Just Ship Out! | Musings&Rants
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | writinglikeastoner
- Dear Depression | Random Obsession
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Exploring Utah with MS and Apples
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | The Educated Illiterates
- a letter to myself (in a way) | thematticuskingdom
- It’s better to feel pain. | BORNTOBEAFAN
- Catherine B.’s Blog | Dear Doubt | Daily Prompt | Shape up or Ship Out
- Daily Prompt: Dear John Letter | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Mugshots are ugly |
- An End to Needless Worry | Required Writing
- Anxiety… | Haiku By Ku
- Shape up or ship out | Nanuschka’s Blog
- A Letter To My Inner Critic | Self-Help for Creatively Deprived
- Dear Mr.Impulsive | Everyday Adventures
- “What??” | Relax…
- It’s time to say farewell my friend Intensity | tornin2’s Blog
- Who is that? | That Socially Anxious Atheist Paranoid Gay
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Me, Ugly | clarior e tenebris
- Dear Laziness | Random, Assorted and Miscellaneous Thoughts
- Daily Prompt: Letter to CLIG (Can’t Let It Go) | Iam Who Iam
- When I freestyle, I lose … confidence (There’s a picture of New York) | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Internal memorandum to fear | A beetle with earrings
- Daily Prompt: Dear Impatience… | One Starving Activist
- Shape Up or Ship Out: Who Are We Today Then? | Khana’s Web
- Phonophobia, pick up all ready, will you?
- Letter to Stubborness (A Daily Post Response) | Maggie’s Writing
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | I Work for a Jerk
- Act 3, Scene 1: Scent | Romance Without Words
- A jail without windows | Vivir, que no es poco
- The DAILY POST daily prompt: Temper, temper | a seriously writing woman
- Devil | The Optimist
- The Summer Ninjas are Coming, Little Lupie! | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Sorry, I couldn’t understand… | Seven Lines
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Lines by Linda
- Dear Anxiety | mobibrad
- Quiet Little Voices | a former clarity
- Dear Laziness. « kiyudesu
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship out | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | The corner of my imagination
- Dear Vain Pain | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Taking One Day At A Time
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | New Lease–Same Hope
- Daily Prompt: Ugly | Morrighan’s Muse
Like my post? Please support me by clicking on the Mersi button