If you could switch blogs with any blogger for a week, with whom would you switch and why?
(Writers note: There are blogs I really like, but not to the point of ever switching. I don’t want to ever switch places with anyone. I screwed up one life why screw up another? So here’s a little switcheroo story I came up with, hope you enjoy it. It’s called The Ultimate Stoner.)
“Did you wish you were ever anybody else?” Jake said and took a heavy drag. “Like switch with another person for awhile.”
“Oh yeah,” Bruce said. “I had this intense desire to switch places and be John Kennedy Jr.? He’s got looks, money, power, brains, women; you name it, he had it. Pass that over to me.”
“That’s cool,” Jake said. “He’s one I never thought about.”
“But that kind of thing never happens,” Bruce said taking a heavy drag.
“Sure, it does,” Jake says. “It happens all the time. It’s just not reported. It all has to do with your mind. If you will it hard enough and smoke some weed you can do it.”
“I got the weed part down pretty pat,” Bruce said. “But I don’t have the will.”
“Yes ya do,” Jake said. “You’re just itching to tell me about the time you was John Kennedy Jr.”
“Don’t tell anyone, okay,” Bruce said.
“Okay your secret is kept with me,” Jake said. “You know me I don’t say anything I know about.”
“You don’t know about nothing,” Bruce said.
“Just in case I remember something I won’t remember it because or you,” Jake said. “Now tell me about switching with the Kennedy dude!”
“I can’t fly,” Bruce said.
“Oh no, dude!, You didn’t!” Jake said.
“I pulled back to me seconds before the crash,” Bruce said. “Remember not a word.”
“Oh man, I got to go to the papers with this one,” Jake said.
“But dude, you promised,” Bruce said.
“Yeah, man, a man’s word is his bond,” Jake said. “I never told the cops where your stash was.”
“Now what about you,” Bruce said.
“Dude look at me,” Jake said. “I’m a poster child for not trading places with somebody. Sometimes you can’t pull back. You’re stuck in that person.”
“What do you mean?” Bruce said.
“I switched when I was young and was never able to get back to me,” Jake said. “It’s a disaster.”
“What do you mean?” Bruce said.
“I was in my twenties,” Jake said. “All I wanted was drugs, sex, and rock n roll.”
“So did you get it?” Bruce said.
“Sure did,” Jake said.
“I picked the wrong guy,” Jake said. “I thought it was the right guy. Not the front man or lead singer. The guy in the background that nobody notices, but still have all the fun.”
“Like how could you pick the wrong guy?” Bruce said.
“Dude, look at me!” Jake said. “Who wants to look like Keith Richards?”
Switch hitting bloggers:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Eyes On A Word: The Daily Prompt | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- May 27 Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Switching It Up | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- 27.5 Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | suzie81’s Blog
- Oh please let me be Lesley Carter for a week… (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo « Mama Bear Musings
- So What News, Professional Heckler? | Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | likereadingontrains
- Switcheroo | Wildflower of Bristol
- Let’s switch it up | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Switcherro | بيسان
- Blog Swapping, hypothetically! | Things To Rave About
- Here, you take it. | Day of the Week Fat Pants
- Daily Prompt: Trading Blog Sites | My Daily Prompt Blog
- The Ultimate Stoner | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | Basically Beyond Basic
- Switcheroo? | Code Name Incog
- Blog switching | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | Sanctified Brother
- Sharing beds… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Sorry, No Swapping Going On Here | Donbury Pond
- god.wordpress.com | charlottesville winter
- Switched At Birth? – Daily Prompt | Edward Hotspur
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | Stills, Words, and Motion
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- A photoblog | Vivir, que no es poco
- Memo3 Stats , etc. (Opened May 26 , 2013 7:28 p.m. Hrs.) Interpol . . . Foreign Intelligence | jjmjmm1
- Switcheroo | Tessa Sheppard
- Adventures… | Haiku By Ku
- Cowboys VS. Stormtrooper | hansolosvagina
- May 27 Daily Prompt: Switcheroo with a Literary Ideas Enterpreneur | Left to Write
- Switch | May Cause Irritation
- Switcheroo | The Nameless One
- Switch Places With Another Blogger? | The Curse of Future Tom
- DP Challenge – Switcharoo | hometogo232
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | The Tarot Alchemist
- Switcheroo: I Don’t Know Who! | Khana’s Web
- Vice Versa, But Cooler | 33 Grams of Blog
- Switcheroo: You Want Me to Pretend? | mother of nine9
- Time For Post 300 | The Bottom of a Bottle
- No Place Like Home | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Daily Post: Switcheroo | Days of the Dead | The Writing Righter
- Switcheroo! | Happy Clam
- Daily Prompt: Switcheroo | The Blogging Path