You encounter a mysterious man offering you a magic potion that, once sipped, will make one of your senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch) super sharp — but dull the others. Will you sip it, and if so, what sense do you choose?
Hey, we’re all adults here, well I claim to be. Why the High School Harry questions?
I suppose when you’re writing Daily Prompts you can get into a slump. It’s a tough job. Sometimes it’s even a tougher sell. Certainly the Daily Prompt has a tough job. If not for them I’d be writing about what my cute adorable grandchildren did yesterday.
In the 80s Barbara Walters was dubbed as a great interviewer. The people she interviewed had a story to tell and a career or agenda to push. I think she was the great promoter of revitalizing lagging careers. At the end of one of her interviews you would want to free Charley Manson.
“Tell us about your father?” Tears would come and a revealing nugget was gleaned as only Walters could script it. It had all the drama and surprises of a Miss America pageant question round.
Walters loved this one, “If you were a tree in the forest which tree would you be?” That came straight from high school journalism or Sigmund Fraud 101.
So when I see questions like the prompt today it reminds me of Barbara Walters and all the interviewers who studied her approach and led them down the path to ineffective questions and well-scripted interviews.
“Looking at your debased life and all the bad decisions you have made in the last few years, it had to come from somewhere. Let’s start with your ole man. Was he a worthless dirt bag or did you get your abhorrent thinking from your mother’s side? The reason why I ask is this stuff has to be handed down. You lack the creativity to come up with it on your own.”
Now that’s an interview!
So all you armchair psychologist, I’m not avoiding the Daily Prompt for some deep psychological reason. My mind doesn’t work that way. No matter how ridiculous a magic potion is in your mind such thinking gives a false hope that problems are solved without hard work. I don’t even want to fanaticize about such possibilities let alone consider it as an exercise only.
An exercise is a step away from somebody wanting you to say something you normally would not say. What is the Daily Prompt up to, mind control?
Indecently, I always thought a better question would have been, “If you was a tree in the forest and you fell what sound would you make?”
I think there’s an open spot on The View.
Bloggers with dulled senses:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Elixir | The Magic Black Book
- Is this thing permanent? | Daily Prompt: Dulled | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Dulled « Mama Bear Musings
- Should You Drink The Potion? [POEM] | Ramisa the Authoress
- Dulled- no thanks… (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- Dulled | Nanuschka’s Blog
- If I Was A Tree In The Forest… | The Jittery Goat
- Through the looking glass(es) | vicariously in love with you
- Dull the senses | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | बंजारा
- Potion Perfect. | ayimas
- A cross word to madness | Miss Moiety
- Natural Magic | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | suzie81’s Blog
- Speak to me | Polyprotic Amory
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | Storm In A B-Cup
- Mysterious Man. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | No Effect Observed
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Dulled: No need for change | mystudentstruggles
- Daily prompt: Dulled | Exploring Utah with MS and Apples
- Eagle Eye | Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- Let’s hear it ! | Spunky Wayfarer
- More or less, no. | Relax…
- What Is This? | Maggie’s Stories
- Petals of Intensity | windandlaughter
- Daily Prompt: A Game of Chance | One Starving Activist
- One Night With a Vial Named Tasty | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- A potion for unlimited emotion, dulled! | Love. Life.
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | The Tarot Alchemist
- Daily Prompt: Wake Up Call | My Daily Prompt Blog
- FRONTLINEWEB.BIZ WEBSITE DESIGN LOWESTOFT | ICONIC. COM
- Who let you in? | thoughtsofrkh
- I Sense Trouble On the Horizon . . . | The Office of Iguana Flats
- Is that a chill on your neck? | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | The Blogging Path
- Daily Prompt: Dulled Yet Seeing All | SERENDIPITY
- Poem / Poetry – A Poetic Duet With Fortyoneteen – “Sensual Senses” | toofulltowrite (I’ve started so I’ll finish)
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | The corner of my imagination
- Dulled – The Alchemist | Khana’s Web
- Awake | A beetle with earrings
- May 20 Daily Prompt: Dulled | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Today’s prompt reminds me of situations I have | sat n’ all that
- DAILY PROMPT: DULLED | Let There be Peace on Earth
- Dulled | Maine Forest Cafe
- Daily Prompt: Dulled/ Tin Foil Hat | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Dulled | Code Name Incog
- New Ears – Same taste | New Lease–Same Hope
- The Family Fortune | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | life n me!
- Weekly iPhoneography: Seeing myVillage in black and white |
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | Hi-Potion | The Writing Righter