What song is stuck in your head (or on permanent rotation in your CD or MP3 player) these days? Why does it speak to you?
Songs will pop in my head and stay depending on the mood.
Someday when I just want to relax and let the mind wander Dave Bruebeck’s Take Five runs through my head.
There are times when I do something so incredibly stupid it has to be memorialized in song, If I Only Had a Brain by the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz is cued up.
There are days when the wind parts the trees and holds them like the sail of ship. I imagine what it would be like on the sea skimming above the waves and slicing through the swells. On those day I can’t get The Sloop John B out of my brain.
There are four days out of the year that are so perfect they must be accompanied by Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. There is a Spring day so fresh and green you nearly explode with joy. There are Summer days so sunny and warm you never want the sun to set. The vibrant hues of Fall warm your soul on crisp days. Gentle snows of winter tuck you away like a blanket on a blistering cold night.
When I think about home, family, old friends, and acquaintances The Beatles song In My Life is in the background.
There are many others, depending on the mood and so little time to explain, so “Sha na na na hey hey hey good bye.”
More musical bloggers:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Daily prompt: Earworm | Taking time, making time
- we’re only young and wild and free | Bubonicboon
- Daily prompt: ear worm | The Mr Attempts a blog
- Daily Prompt: Earworm « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | thelissachronicles
- Just Another Filipino’s LSS | Daily Prompt: Earworm | likereadingontrains
- Macklemore Has Been Stuck in My Head All Weekend | Never Stationary
- “Beam me up” | Hope* the happy hugger
- Earworm – Guilty-Pleasure-tastic! | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Jason Gray | Conversations
- C’est La Vie | بيسان
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | JUkk
- the UNCATEGORISED: Daily Prompt | Earworm | the TRASH BASH
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | cognitive reflection
- What Makes You Beautiful | Lydablogger
- Bliss for my Ears & my Soul | Yazzles’s Daily Ventures
- Goodbye Christine | Tony’s Texts
- Broken Record … | Pigments of Life
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu – PONPONPON « Completely Disappear
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Earworm 22th April, 2013 | ittikorn1994
- Looking for Love While Waiting in Line at Starbucks aka Seeking Something Sweet | Norine’s Notebook
- Expressed by John | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- There can only be one | I really just pretend to know stuff
- Daily Prompt: Earworm Take Me Home | Lines by Linda
- Daily Prompt: Songs Stuck With The Letter S | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | Calling (Lose My Mind) – Sebastian Ingrosso Ft. Alesso and Ryan Tedder♫ | Blind Spots and Obscure Stops
- Daily Prompy: Earworm | monruecha
- Blue grass in a pink World | Very Very
- Daily Prompt: EarwormWhat song is stuck in your head | theconsciouswriter
- My Earworms or “stuck song syndrome” | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Daily Prompt: I’m a believer – Shrek | Angelyn’s Crimes of Passion
- Infinite Earworms | The Nameless One
- Kind of an Earworm | Kind of a Bum
- It must make you feel something to be good. | thoughtsofrkh
- Just give me a reason… | Hope* the happy hugger
- No worms ‘ere thank you! | Serena Stillwater
- Not broken…just bent |
- Full-Moon Presents: Earth Day! | Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- Crick in the neck and Earworms | At least we made it this far…
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | The Blogging Path
- The Banana Boat song – a critical month long case of earworm | Sula1968’s Blog
- Daily Post: Flava In Ya Ear | One Starving Activist
- Stand Amazed | The Local Lens
- Daily Prompt : Earworm : Last Song Syndrome | Kaleidoscopic World in Words
- Ear Worm | Cheri Speak
- Stuck with your writing? How about that earworm for inspiration? | 365 wings of hope
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | lena de almeida
- Earworms And Mondegreens | Not the Family Business!
- Circus | Sam’s Online Journal
- Daily prompt: Listening to Florence for days | Blog`n`Rolla
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | HpWpBp