Do you feel like you “get” social media, or do you just use it because that’s where all your friends and family are?
I ‘get’ social media except for Twitter.
Sure, it’s a way of ‘personalities’ staying in touch with their fans. If you follow Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber on Twitter you essentially don’t have a life.
I tried Twitter to attract traffic to my blog. The conclusion; I’m not very good at it. Yet, there’s one truth that can’t escape reality; I write and want people to read what I write and Twitter is geared to people whose attention span is limited to 140 spaces in which to place words. I don’t want readers that responds to “Like Wow! Really, really cool blog. Amazing things happen here. Cool link!” (Is that 140 yet?).
I notice businesses will post on their signs “follow us on twitter.” Right, like I’m going to follow a plumber or bath room tile wholesaler on Twitter. Let’s get real.
Facebook is another waste of time. They’re great for family photo type of things and keeping in touch with relatives or friends across the country. It’s great for keeping touch with people you prefer not to interact with.
Facebook has been used to announce my posts. I got a few ‘likes;’ maybe people just don’t like me. I don’t use it anymore.
Sometimes I see something like, “”Hey see me of Facebook. See what’s going on.” It turns out nothing.
If you’re reading this; amazing things don’t happen here, just so you won‘t be disappointed. I just write what ever happens to rattle around in by brain. It’s kind of like one of those little hand-held beebee-in-the-hole games; the beebee finally finds a resting place. If you are entertained by maneuvering beebees into hollows of a clowns head, this just may be the place for you.
More sociable bloggers:
- The Social Network – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Social Q | Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network | The Gozum Show
- #overthehilloldfart. | thoughtsofrkh
- DP – The Social Network | Life With Pink Princesses
- The social network | Taking time, making time
- Daily Prompt: The End of the Line, Lines by Linda’s Fond Farewell | Lines by Linda
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network Is My Network | Creative Mysteries
- Social Media | paul scribbles
- The Socially Awkward On The Social Network | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network « Mama Bear Musings
- If Social Network were a song… | Yeahthtsme
- Caution! I Will Judge Your Facebook Status. | That Girl Ryan
- Showing My Social Side « Sorta-Ginger
- Fly for Icarus
- Focus in a world of Distractions | Orla-Jo’s Not Dead
- The Social Network swings and roundabouts (Daily Prompt) | Prompt Queen
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Sensitive and Offensive | Daily Prompt: The Social Network | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Connected & Sexy | One Starving Activist
- Thoughts on Social Media | Not The Sword But The Pen
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network 1st April, 2013 | ittikorn1994
- The Social Networks | The Nameless One
- The Social Network | This Thread Sucks
- Daily Prompt: The Social Media and it’s use | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Networking | Spunky Wayfarer
- Social Media | Pondering Spawned
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network | shalilah2002
- Cyber Socialite | Head full of Fluff
- The Social Network | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Social Media Junkie Alert! | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Daily Post: Social Networking | A Sign Of Life
- The Wonderful World of Social Media | Charming South
- A POETIC CONVERSATION | hastywords
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network | baka’s blog
- Should I get a Twitter? | The Happy Hermit
- Facebook For Alcoholics & The Lost | The Bottom of a Bottle
- Daily Prompt: The Social Network | My Atheist Blog
- Ilya Fostiy. Sweet Romance | Philosophy & Photography