You’ve being exiled to a private island, and your captors will only supply you with five foods. What do you pick?
When I was in my early teens my diet selection was fairly narrow, at least when eating out. It was always the same; Hamburger (mustard, pickle, onion), French fries, banana cream pie. It was all sloshed down with a Coke.
Not counting the Coke that’s three items that fulfilled my dietary and culinary delight.
I suppose that leaves me with two items remaining to choose. I really like tossed salad (I’m assuming a choice of dressings) and chili.
I’m assuming my captors will provide water or some other beverage; a dark roast coffee would be appreciated.
If my captors offered those items they would have little reason to believe I would plan an escape.
This reminds me of an experience from my early twenties. I was an Army cook. There were five cooks on our shift. We came into a large supply of filet mignon and lobster tail. We decided to have it everyday until the supply was exhausted.
I remember by the fifth day we were saying, “Oh no, filet mignon and lobster tail again!” One guy said as if fondly remembering, “I remember the good old days when I was a kid; mayonnaise sandwiches as far as the eye could see, never got tired of ’em.”
Other five food bloggers:
- 30 Daily Prompt: Five a Day | Family Photos Food & Craft
- Daily Prompt: Crash Diet on an island | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Five Foods in a private island | I am Super Istar
- Five to survive | Spunky Wayfarer
- I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Condiments Not Included? | Daily Prompt: Five a Day | likereadingontrains
- Five A Day – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- A Life Without Chocolate | The Daily Dilly Dally
- Too Much Of A Good Thing | The Jittery Goat
- Daily prompt: five a day | Mud Pie
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day I’ve Been Exiled | Lines by Linda
- Five a Day: Getting the Balance Right | WanderLust
- Balanced diet? What balance? | Angel Frouk
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day | Of Glass & Paper
- Five Foods | Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- Final Five | ayimas
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day | LooknWalk
- Five a Day | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Food – First Five | Bullets & Dreams
- A captive ‘a la carte’ menu (Daily Prompt) | Prompt Queen
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day | The Road to Published
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Five Food I Would Not Live Without | Creative and Juicy
- The 5 Foods To Keep Me Company | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Random Daily Prompt: Five a Day « Completely Random Thoughts
- Daily Post: For Good Health | One Starving Activist
- Fantastic Foods . . . | amateurxpress
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day | My Atheist Blog
- Five a Day | thelissachronicles
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day | writinglikeastoner
- Five-Alive | sat n’ all that
- Daily Prompt: Famous Five | it’s just abOut Me 🙂
- Daily Prompt: Five a Day | Dree Speaks Freely
- Five a Day | The Nameless One
- Five Foods to Make Being Exiled Grand (Daily Prompt: Five a Day) | My Abbitude Problem!
- Exiled but Survived | L’S THOUGHTS….