Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a member of the opposite sex for a day? What do you think life would be like?
There is value in a man thinking what it would be like to be in a woman’s place and vice versa, but only as far as empathetic thinking. A person who does that or suggest that for a whole day is weird; likely having identity issues themselves. If you want to do that kind of thing for a day, go ahead and do it, just don’t tell me about it.
I’m wondering if such an exercise is like when you’re a kid and you cross your eyes. Some adult or teacher will warn, “If you do that too much your eyes will stay that way.”
Now that I think about it, there was this guy I worked with; a nice guy, a little weird, but nice. His name was Robert. He dressed as Marie Antoinette for some costume party one day. He walked around all night carrying a head with a bouffant hairdo under his arm. He went around telling people, “She eats cake if you feed it to her.“ (I don’t know what that has to do with anything, but I just had to mention it.) He changed his name to Roberta and never dressed as a man again.
I take that back, the next year he dressed as Louis XVI, but just for one night. Wait now, it may have been the other way around. Nevertheless, it had to do with the French.
Oh crap! I did it. Now my eyes are stuck.
More cross bloggers:
- DP – Trading Places | Life With Pink Princesses
- What do you mean the fella’s gone? | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Trading Places « Mama Bear Musings
- If I Were a Boy! | Jill-of-all-Trades
- The Tiresias Suit | Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- Daily Prompt: Trading Places Happier Being Me | Lines by Linda
- a Question. | jaycee68
- WordPress Daily Prompt: Trading Place | a Portia Adams adventure
- Ode to Gender Bending (Daily Prompt) | Prompt Queen
- Thanks to Billy Bob | Charming South
- It’s A Boy Girl Thing | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- A clean swap | Pigments of Life
- Daily Prompt: Trading Places | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Trading Places | My Atheist Blog
- Trading shoes | Bullets & Dreams
- If I were a Boy… « Fly for Icarus
- Trading Places?: You Must be Joking! | motherofnine9
- Daily Prompt: Trading Places With My Hubby For A Day? | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Trading Places | The Nameless One
- Salt n Peppa | paul scribbles
- Daily Prompt: Trading Places | Of Glass & Paper
- Write Now! 29 March 2013 & The Daily Post: Other | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompts | Scorched Ice
- I make me feel like a natural woman | Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Prompt: Trading Places | Giving Thought | Giving Sight
Comments are closed.