We cry for lots of reasons: sadness, pain, fear . . . and happiness. When was the last time you shed tears of joy?
These occasions happen more and more frequently the older I become. It doesn’t take much to get me crying anymore.
Sometimes one of my children (now adults) will share something with me; an accomplishment, a feeling, an experience, or so on. I tear up. I immediately think of them as children and telling me the same things, but now in more adult terms, but it’s the same person. It is just a reminder no matter how old, wise, or mature they become they are still my children and that gets me going. They are good tears.
Recently my wife had a knee replaced. It was a knee that had given her trouble since an injury as a teenager. In recent years it has become horrendously debilitating. She has had her share of surgeries over the years and succumbs to them only after all other alternatives have been exhausted.
This problem with the knee was unbearable. It has effected her back which gives her excruciating pain also.
We found a highly recommended surgeon and he recommended a knee replacement.
A few weeks ago she walked from the living room to our bedroom using her walker. Well it would be more correct for me to say shoved the walker ahead of her like it was a person in the way and needed to move faster. She walked better than I’d seen her in several years.
When she returned to the living room I asked, “Do you have anymore pain?”
She smiled. “A little, but it’s from the surgery. The other pain is gone.”
That was it. That’s my tears of joy. It doesn’t take much to get my crying anymore, but maybe it’s more than I realize.
Other bloggers who cry when happy or joyful:
- Ever-lasting Joy | sat n’ all that
- Daily Prompt: Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy « Mama Bear Musings
- Wax On….Wax Off | That Girl Ryan
- Let’s rewatch some happiness | Spunky Wayfarer
- Happy Happy Joy Joy – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Varying Degrees Every Day | Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | likereadingontrains
- What A Writer Feels Like | Ramisa the Authoress
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | The Gozum Show
- Shed a Happy Tear | Stuphblog
- Tears of Joy! | Bullets & Dreams
- It’s not sexy, but it sure feels good…! | thoughtsofrkh
- Tears of Joy | The Nameless One
- Gladful Tears | The Temenos Journal
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | Completely Disappear
- Daily Prompt: Crying is it for fear, joy, sadness or pain? | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Hip hoppy happy tears of joy | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | The Kitchen Ink
- The human connection | Pigments of Life
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | My Atheist Blog
- Daily Prompt: Happy happy joy joy | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Happy tears (Daily Prompt) | Prompt Queen
- Happy Happy Joy Joy | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Post a Week: Tears | sketches and scribbles (reloaded)
- Who are you? | paul scribbles
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | The Blogging Path
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | I’m Making Happiness
- Tears of Joy | thelissachronicles
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | Reviewer Rose
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy | Lines by Linda
- Progress « Sorta-Ginger
- Cry me a river … | theconsciouswriter
- Thoughts on Denouement | Mind of a Mouse
- Daily Prompt: Happy Happy Joy Joy, My Happiness | baka’s blog