Beach, mountain, forest, or somewhere else entirely?
Ever since I can remember maps have fascinated me. Not so much the map, but what it represented; it represented places and people.
My favorite maps or places were Maine, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Labrador, and Prince Edward Island. My mind wondered about the life and people there.
My wife and I have been to Maine on many occasions, but we always seem to run out of steam to go any further. We’ve never traveled to the Maritimes.
One fall we were in Bar Harbor, Maine. At our motel was a couple from Prince Edward Island. I asked them what it was like this time of year there? I was hoping for an answer to motivate me to go there. “It’s flat and dull,” they said. “That’ why we came to Maine.”
That didn’t sound promising nor motivating especially when they added, “All the Maritimes are like that. There’s just nothing there.” How disappointing!
I go to the Google Map and try the street view for the Maritimes. Sometimes I even click on to the webcams. It is not nearly as rugged as I had envisioned.
I miss Maine, though. It has been a while since we have been there.
Every morning I click the webcam in Stonington, Maine. There is a webcam overlooking the harbor. I view it where I live while the sun hasn’t risen, but there it has been daylight for a while. It is low tide and the harbor bottom is visible.
I imagine myself in a small coffee shop in Stonington overlooking the harbor, some old friends arrive, we talk and sip coffee for a while.
Ya know if you’re not doing anything go to Google maps, enlarge it to the coast of Maine, click the webcam, wait for Stonington to pop up, click it, and have a coffee with me and my friends. In fact, it’s Saturday, we’ll likely be there most of the day.”
Somebody is sure to give you a down east, “Mornin’! What brings ya this way?”
Other “places” by bloggers:
- Places – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- The Night-Sky, Rain Droplets and City Lights | Ramisa the Authoress
- Hey, Let’s Have A Coffee | The Jittery Goat
- Mafra Portugal. «Natalie Elizabeth Beech Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Post: Places | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Daily Prompt: Places | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- The Long Days Out | The Daily Dilly Dally
- The WordPress Weekend Roundup – WP Daily
- Dailly Prompt: Places | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Places, Who Doesn’t Like The Beach? | Creative Mysteries
- places – BUBONICBOON
- Daily Prompt: Places ~ Napa Valley & Wine Country | I Am an Afterschool Special
- Daily Prompt: Places Tranquility | Lines by Linda
- A Convergence of Energies | Miss Pelican’s Perch
- The Isolated College Town | Liquid Matthew’s Development Blog
- DAILY PROMPT: BORACAY | aapatawaran
- Daily prompt – Places | Joe’s Musings
- Daily Prompt: Places « Mama Bear Musings
- None.. | ayimas
- Peace & Love on the Streets of San Francisco | Through the Peacock’s Eyes
- DP: Places | Life of Me and Mine
- From the roof of Oslo | Very Very
- Daily Prompt: Places | The Blogging Path
- Places, Faces | The Nameless One
- To the Moon! A Look at My Soul Sista | Short and Feisty
- Somewhere is fine | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Post: Places | Tommia’s Tablet
- Places | Drama Queen Under the Sun
- A View of the Beach by a Jersey Girl | Misifusa’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Places | Purple Rosemary
- The Daily Prompt | julianawoo47
- Daily Prompt: Places – the beach, it’s always been the beach… | don of all trades
- Daily Prompt: Places | Not the Family Business!
- Reno, NV for Daily Prompt: Places | Prayers and Promises
- Daily Prompt: Places | Something Unspoken
- Morning milk delivery | Philosophy & Photography
- Daily Prompt: Places | Moving Notion
- Places | thelissachronicles
- Something else entirely. | amateurxpress
- Daily Prompt: Places | Diary of Dennis
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go | A Sign Of Life
- Beach, Mountain, Forest… or simply Rio de Janeiro? | Travel Making Kai 🙂
- What I Long For | A Short A Day
- Daily Prompt: Places | My Atheist Blog
- Daily Prompt: Oh, the Places You’ll Go! | Happy Monkey Land and Other Musings on Life
- Daily Prompt: Where My Heart Is | One Starving Activist
- Another round of Czech please! | Travel Making Kai 🙂