Write about what you did last weekend as though you’re a music critic reviewing a new album.
I don’t like critics of any sort. Their entire life revolves around making life miserable for others. They normally have no talent of substantive worth to pass on to the world. As soon as I hear one, the station is changed.
When a teenager I read The Old Man and the Sea. Perhaps one of the finest and most complete pieces of literature written. Years later I read critiques of the book. Before I gathered my senses and remembered who won the Nobel Prize for literature I thought the book was a poorly written piece of screed and the world would have been better served if Hemingway was shot during the Spanish Civil War. In actuality, the criticism was longer than the book (exaggeration) and best suited for one of the main ingredients in bologna (tripe).
So I refuse to treat last weekend as a music critic reviewing an album (They don’t even call them that anymore – that’s so 20th century.)
I used to watch the old Dick Clark show, American Bandstand. Once a week they played a new record and the kids on the show predicted whether it was a hit or not. Clark ask their opinion. It was always; It had a good beat, I didn’t like the beat, it had good rhythm, or it had bad rhythm. It was honest and unsophisticated. It was not meant to hurt anyone or change a person’s opinion. Anything other than that is just trying to show-off.
Well last weekend had a good beat and I liked the rhythm.
Other bloggers and their critiques:
- Daily Prompt: B+ … | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- 10 degrees of separation «Natalie Elizabeth Beech Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Post: B+ | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Daily Prompt: B+ Being Shut in, But Not Shut Out | Lines by Linda
- Storm A brewing | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Harlem Shake | Philosophy & Photography
- Daily Prompt: B+ | The Evolving Dad
- Daily Prompt: B+ « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: B+ | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Critics Are The &%(%@* Of The Earth | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: B+ | Queenie
- I Know What You Did Last Weekend | Eccentric and Bent
- B+ | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: B+ | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- Daily Prompt: B+ 16th Ferburay 29013 | ittikorn1994
- Daily Prompt: B+ « DiaryCube
- Nice critic | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: B+ | huntprayerpoems
- Daily Prompt: B+ | iamdeltapositivenegative
- Classification of my Soundtrack | In Harmony
- Daily Prompt: B+ | The Blogging Path
- Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Daily Prompt: B+ | baka’s blog
- Daily Prompt: B+ | Kind of a Bum
- Great Songs no fillers! | sat n’ all that
- Daily Prompt: B+ | Learning, Running, and Writing
- Daily Prompt: B+ | Basically Beyond Basic
- Best Days Of Your Life | Life With The Top Down
- Daily Prompt: Side B-Very Sad Love Song | One Starving Activist
- Review: Last Weekend | Mike Sensitivity