If you could un-invent something, what would it be? Discuss why, potential repercussions, or a possible alternative.
(This is my second post today on the Daily Prompt, I misread the first one.)
I’m not going to be terribly inventive when it comes to what I’d like to un-invent; it would be the cell phone and surveillance camera.
Forget about all the crap you’ve been told about how it has made our life more convenient. It has been a giant-size pain in the toucus and you know it.
There has been 6,000 years of recorded human history without the cell phone. Good lord! How did we do without it?
I’m not going to mention the macabre; all car accidents and such. (But I just did.)
Whenever my phone rings it is always bad news. “Hey, we’re just around the corner. Okay if we drop by?” In the old days they would have had to call from home; plenty of time for me to get in my car and get lost.
People sometimes use them for directions. You’re in strange town to visit someone and get lost, so you call them. I think it’s great we get lost every now and then. It sharpens our skills and teaches us how to read a map – remember them? They are the large pieces of paper that were never folded the same way twice.
When at the grocery I call home and ask my wife, “What kind of yoghurt did you want?” Gone are the days of surprise yoghurt and returning to the grocery for what you forgot.
And while we’re at it, let’s get rid of surveillance cameras. There are times I want to scratch or pick certain portions of my body in private. I go down the canned vegetable aisle (hardly anybody goes there anymore); make sure nobody is looking and scratch or pick. Then I look up. There is one of those little black bulbs looking at me. I just know somebody is either having a good time or just plain grossed-out.
It’s getting to be terrible; even prison yards have blind spots.
More blogs about undos:
- Undo – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Undo « Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Post: Undo | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Control Z Uggs, Please « Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: Undo … Speed Cameras | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Ilya Fostiy. Is There a God? | Philosophy & Photography
- Chocolates, Anyone | The Jittery Goat
- Un-invent…hatred, violence, weapons … | Hope* the happy hugger
- Delete and undo « Spunky Wayfarer
- Udo – The Facebook Ad Excess | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Let’s Try This Again… « Sorta-Ginger
- So Long, Money « Stuphblog
- imagine… | thematticuskingdom
- Root of All Evil | Chasing The Bubble
- Daily Prompt – Undo OR The Right To Live | Beyond Beauty Tips
- The courage to say No | Pigments of Life
- There’s No Place To Hide, Get Lost, Scratch, Or Pick Anymore | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Undo | بيسان
- Daily Prompt: Undo Fast Food Restaurants « DiaryCube
- A World Set to Zero | Liquid Matthew’s Development Blog
- Joe’s Musings
- Undo. | jaycee68
- Daily Prompt: Undo, Engines, Indeed. « Lines by Linda
- Deep Thought « theloneshewolf
- Daily Prompt: Undo « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Undo | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- Daily Prompt: Undo – Weaponry | salman’s blog
- Undo the Captcha | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- CTRL + Z | The Nameless One
- DP: Undo « Life of Me and Mine
- Post a Week: Undo | sketches and scribbles (reloaded)
- Undo, erase, delete « thelissachronicles
- Daily Prompt: Undo | Waggingmytale’s Blog
- 5 Things I Would UNinvent « Cheri Speak
- Un-invent the DSM | mycookinglifebypatty
- Undo Your Bra | Fish Of Gold
- Should We Uninvent All This Technology? | Not the Family Business!
- Being super (Part three) « Master Of Disaster
- I am So Glad I Didn’t Think of That! « So I Went Undercover
- DaIlY pRoMpT: UNDO! | Chicago Gore
- Daily Prompt: Undo the doubt « Happy Monkey Land and Other Musings on Life
- What I would un-invent | Blog of The Imaginator
- Daily Prompt: Undo – Smash the Clock! | a day with depression
- (28DW) Undo: Microwave Oven | SudoOne
- Can you juice a mood swing? | rarasaur
- It Ruins My Day Every Day | – ellikitty –
- DPChallenge: Uninventing Disney😄 | The Stuffy Opinion
- Daily Prompt: Undo | tirochelle
- An Alternative to Reality | My Mind-Grapes