Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
Shortly after birth I was operated on because of pyloric stenosis. I’ve never met anyone else who had it. That is why I think it is a perpetuated myth even kept alive by the internet.
I read the entire World Book Encyclopedia before turning 17. Don’t think of that as being an amazing accomplishment; their wasn’t as much to learn back then so the World Book was about the size of a comic book. I’ve read the Bible many times. A friend said, “What are you looking for a loophole?” Catholics and Mormons aren’t impressed because I’ve never read the Apocrypha or Book of Mormon.
I have a good memory of the past; either that or a vivid imagination. I remember events when I was two. I recall the names of people and many details about them from a very early age. Until recent I recalled all the names of my classmates in the first grade. Normally people don’t remember things like that. Sometimes it’s really cool to invent really great stuff about them and allow ones to walk away with an inflated feeling of self-worth – just kidding.
I’ve bailed hay, plowed fields, picked corn, harvested (wheat, oats, and soy beans), cut lawns, delivered papers, worked at a miniature golf course, worked at Sears, sold shoes, spent four years in the Army, sold vacuum cleaners door to door, worked at McDonalds, managed a carry out restaurant, sold insurance, worked at a mental institution, worked at a party shop, drove high-lift, and became a machinists. There are a couple of other little things I could add but I don’t want anybody calling me and asking for a diagnosis nor the CIA knocking at my door.
Kenton Lewis is a pseudonym for Byron Lehman.
I can’t spell
pssedonym, cinamon, suenonen, posidum, psnynomin, suenymonin, without a spell-check.
Now that I’ve done all this what’s my prize? Because it sounds to me like one of those crazy blogging awards you get for being a blogger willing to reveal how wonderfully unique or uncommonly common you are.
Other bloggers far from normal:
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal … its all about me! | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- sechs, sei, sex, sé, seis, six unique/different/unusual things about me « Q the Adult
- Far From Normal, Daily Prompt. | notyethere
- Far from normal… | Sweet Somethings
- How I Think Others Perceive Me | Recis Dempayos
- Daily Post: Far From Normal | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | The Gozum Show
- Sammy’s Moleskine
- Not too far from normal « Spunky Wayfarer
- Far From Normal « I solemnly swear i am upto no good!
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | Queenie
- Normal? What’s that? | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Daily Prompt: Far from Normal | Mind of Shoo
- Far From Normal | بيسان
- Far From Normal or not, or maybe yes… :} | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « DiaryCube
- Daily Prompt: Normal Means? Are we Far From Normal? | My Blog
- I’m As Unique As The Next Guy | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- Six Unique Things: Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « A YoungEmt’s Blog
- 6 Things You Might Not Know About Me « alisa alering
- Far From Normal – Living My Dream « alenaslife
- (really) Far From Normal – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Ab-Normal | Chasing The Bubble
- Possible to exist in. | ayimas
- Who’s to Say I’m Normal? | Misifusa’s Blog
- Far From Normal | Drama Queen Under the Sun
- Daily Prompt: Your Life is a Reality Show: Far From Normal « From the C-Sweet
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal? | The Dirty Dame
- Six Mundane Observations About Moi | Stuphblog
- Insight. | ayimas
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « cognitive reflection
- Normalacy is Relative « A Short A Day
- So Not Normal | ARay of Sunshine
- Daily Prompt: Far from normal « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Far from normal | The Nameless One
- Far From Normal: Six Odd Things | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | La chica de la burbuja
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal … its all about me! | A New Day in San Francisco
- Created Unique | Clothed With Thunder
- Far From Normal: A Scaredy Cat Who Speaks With A British Accent? | steph’s scribe
- Daily Prompt: The Old Normal « One Starving Activist
- Me. Me. MeMeMeMe. | Sorta Ginger: Ramblings of a Quasi-Redhead
- What is normal? Daily Prompt response… | toastandgems
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « motherofnine9
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal, That’s Me! « Lines by Linda
- Normal… | jaycee68
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « ღ Blank Doodles ღ
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | Basically Beyond Basic
- Far From Normal « This Is My Corn
- An underachieving, neurotic hippie (with hostile feelings towards feminism), who makes yummy food and couldn’t pass on a notepad to save her life. | The Unthemed Nook
- No Such Thing | Yeahthtsme
- Far From Normal -WordPress Daily Prompt | The Moments Of My Life
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « hopeforheather
- Daily Prompt: (Not so) far from normal. | Multifarious meanderings
- Far from normal or far too normal? « My thought exactly…!
- Far from Normal – Please Shut Up or Speak Up « melanielynngriffin
- aprilb – soprano
- What is this “normal” of which you speak? « Happy Monkey Land and Other Musings on Life
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | Purple Whereabouts
- Daily Prompt Post: Far from normal | The Dork Life
- Normal Shmormal | The Temenos Journal
- Daily Prompt – Far From Normal – Hell, I Ain’t Got Time to Bleed or be Normal! | toofulltowrite (I’ve started so I’ll finish)
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal – Things about me | fae713
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal | Moonlight Reflections
- Daily Prompt: Far From Normal « To Breathe is to Write
- Abnormal Circumstances | Mike Sensitivity